Hello and welcome to DesperateSailors.com! You may have landed here by searching for TeamOrigin.com or TeamOriginImages.com.
These sites are now part of the Desperate Sailors family, and we’re excited to bring you all the original content from these platforms, and so much more!
Why Are You Here?
Due to the acquisition of TeamOrigin.com and TeamOriginImages.com, all the existing content from these sites have been migrated to DesperateSailors.com. This is to provide a unified and seamless experience for all our users.
The decision to consolidate the websites was made in the best interest of our visitors to provide a wider array of content and resources in one centralized location.
What Can You Find Here?
If you were a fan of TeamOrigin.com or TeamOriginImages.com, don’t worry! You can still find all the original content from these sites right here on DesperateSailors.com.
Plus, we’re offering even more exciting content and resources.
Here, you can explore:
- Team Origin’s Past Content: All the articles, images, and resources you used to find on TeamOrigin.com and TeamOriginImages.com.
- Expanded Sailing Resources: In-depth guides, sailing tips, and the latest stories from our own sailing experience.
Need Help Navigating?
If you’re having trouble finding certain pages or content, we’re here to help!
The Legacy of Team Origin
Team Origin has been a prominent name in the sailing world, with a rich history and numerous achievements.
Here at Desperate Sailors, we honor this legacy and are committed to carrying forward the spirit of Team Origin. Let’s find out more about the history of Team Origin and its contributions to the sailing community.
Over the years, it grew into a renowned platform, hosting a series of successful sailing events, developing innovative training programs, and becoming a vital part of the international sailing community.
With an impressive record in numerous sailing championships, Team Origin demonstrated the power of teamwork, resilience, and strategic thinking on the open water.
The America’s Cup
The America’s Cup, the pinnacle of yachting and the oldest competition in international sport, saw Team Origin actively involved.
Founded by Sir Keith Mills and racing under the burgee of the Royal Thames Yacht Club, Team Origin made a mark in the preparation races.
Despite scaling back activities in 2007 in anticipation of legal challenges delaying the 33rd Cup, Team Origin still performed admirably in the events leading to the Cup.
However, in 2010, due to changes in the Cup’s boat specifications, the team had to drop their campaign for the 2013 America’s Cup.
Team Origin Events
- Louis Vuitton Pacific Series (2009): An invitational yacht match racing regatta, Team Origin took part in this event, demonstrating their commitment to the sport.
- Louis Vuitton Trophy (2009-2010): Team Origin participated in this event, which was a series of match racing regattas in America’s Cup Class yachts.
- The 1851 Cup (2010): Team Origin hosted the event and competed with BMW Oracle, winning the Trafalgar Cup for the match racing series.
- World Match Racing Tour (2010): Despite only entering six of the nine events, Team Origin managed to win the tour in Sweden, Bermuda, and the Monsoon Cup in Malaysia, securing their place as the ISAF Match Racing World Champions 2010.
We thank you for your continued support and hope you enjoy this new chapter with DesperateSailors.com. We’re committed to bringing you the best of sailing content from around the world.